Sunday, September 3, 2023

Virtual Teachers' Day Celebration 2023

Virtual Teachers' Day Celebration 2023

Department of English, MKBU


Each and every year, on 5th September, the Department of English celebrates Teacher's Day in a virtual format. In today's 21st-century landscape, digital skills have become increasingly vital for ensuring smooth workflow, and our department has gained a reputation for its prowess in this area. Dr. Dilip Barad,  Head of the Department of English, consistently encourages us to harness the power of various technical tools.

As part of our commitment to e-learning and teaching innovation, we embarked on a unique Teacher's Day celebration by creating short video lectures. This was just one facet of our multifaceted celebration. Taking our initiative a step further, we designed an online quiz centered around these video lectures. Participants who successfully completed the quiz were rewarded with e-certificates.

To ensure that our educational content reached a broad audience, we uploaded our video lectures on two platforms: our personal YouTube channel and the Ed. Ted platform. Barad sir also uploads videos of all the students of the Teachers' Day on the Department's Website as well. Click here to visit the website.

      This undertaking proved to be both a lengthy process and a captivating one, as it combined technology with education in an engaging manner.

For me, this Teacher's Day celebration marked a memorable as this is probably the last Teachers' Day Celebration as a Student. In keeping with our department's innovative tradition, I contributed by creating a video lecture on the intriguing topic of 'The Neoclassical Age.' My video lecture found its home on both of our chosen platforms, making it accessible to a wide and eager audience.

Here is my Presentation:



Here is the preview of the video lecture:


Here is my video lecture on the Neoclassical Age:





Experience sharing...
Learning outcome...

     Since my second standard, I have actively participated in Teachers' Day celebrations, but due to the COVID-19 crisis during my graduation, we missed out on celebrating. This marks my 13th Teachers' Day as a student. Becoming a teacher has always been my dream, and this year marks the last year of my formal education in direct teaching programs and thus mark the last teachers day as a student.

Over the years, I have noticed significant changes in myself, especially in my speaking and explaining abilities. As per our  Our department's tradition, we celebrate Teachers' Day virtually, similar to last year when I actively participated in preparations. This time, I focused on creating a video lecture about the Neoclassical Period. However, I encountered some challenges; initially, my video had technical issues with voice breaking, necessitating a reshoot. As my professor always says, "When plan A fails, have plan B ready." I reshot the video in a single take, which I consider a personal achievement. The process became more manageable with time, with improvements in explanation, reduced shortcomings, and the ability to record in a single take. I also developed an eye for capturing video elements such as framing, lighting, and audio quality.

Additionally, we learned valuable marketing skills throughout this process. Sharing links to various platforms like YouTube, quizzes, TED-Ed, and blogs with our peers and encouraging them to engage with our content became a way to demonstrate our ability to connect with others and showcase our skills. I am glad to announce that I have got the highest number of YouTube Watching and quiz responses. This is an achievement for me. You can see the chart below of everyone's performance:



Ultimately, this experience reinforced the idea that a teacher is always a dedicated learner who acquires multiple skills.

In the daily Assembly of teachers' day, in his concluding remarks, Dr. Dilip Barad sir shared valuable insights, emphasizing the significance of digital skills. He recognized that our Teachers' Day celebration involved a comprehensive package of online teaching and showcased our essential skills. The introduction of ChatGPT aided in grammar and language correction for scripts and quiz preparation. This semester, all 20 students actively participated in the celebration, and 14 juniors also joined. Each participant had their YouTube channel, and there was a notable increase in female participants, with only one male student in semester 3. Sir also praised our department for empowering girls to overcome their reluctance to be on social media platforms, making our department a guiding light. He also stressed the benefits of having a YouTube channel, highlighting the importance of having "The Room of One's Own."





I express my gratitude to Dr. Dilip Barad for consistently guiding us with innovative teaching and learning methods and for being a lighthouse in our educational journey.




Thanks for your valuable time and efforts...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Assignment: The African Literature

  Name: - Trushali Shantibhai Dodiya Roll No: - 19 Semester: - 4(Batch 2022-24) Enrolment number: - 4069206420220011 Paper No: - 206 Paper n...